Step 3…..Rear half of the trailer
On either side of the trailer there are two stowage bins( part 39) that need to be attached. After removing the casting blocks and any excess resin I was left with some rather large air bubbles that would need filling…
I used CA glue to fill the holes and as the hole was deep I left the glue over night to fully cure.
Once the ca glue was dry, I gave it a good sand and then attached the bins to the trailer. Some PE indicators(E5) were then added.
On the underside of the trailer is located the trailer’s spare wheel…….
29….Jack Body, 49….Jack Operating box, 54….Handbrake lever, Spare Tyre Arm
As you can see in the picture above, I added some lead wire to the Jack Box. The trailer has a built in jack, even though I took a picture of the Jack Bodies, I forgot to take a picture of the rest of the jacks, sorry.
This is how the underside look with the spare wheel in place…..
Now to the very rear of the trailer, before the tail ramps were installed a few small parts were added………
25….Ram lower brackets, 50….Ram operating box, 65….Deck lashing eye, 70…..Rear deck Fairleads. E5….reflectors
More reflectors were also added to the rear. I also ran some lead wire to the ramp control box…..
Now for the tail ramps. These were quite complicated to install as the instructions weren’t the clearest, first the parts that make up the lower section of the tail ramps….
16….Ramp Pin end, 21…..Toe cable end, 23…..Hydraulic ram, 24…..Piston, 26…..rear support leg foot, 27…..rear support leg, 84….ramp pin bar, 85…..support leg hinge, 87…..ramp cable pulley, 89…..tie bar pin, 91…..Short leg pin The main ramp section is part 12.
E10….tie bracket, E12…cable bar bracket E16…..speed limit plate
and the parts for the end section of the tail ramp…..
14….ramp toe 17….ramp toe hinge 18…..side brace bar 19….side brace bar bracket E21……ramp toe detail
This is how the ramp looks when its fully assembled……
A brace was added to the ramp toe end and connected to the side of the trailer….
With the ramps installed, the construction of the trailer was complete, there are some smaller parts still to be added towards the end of the build.
Here is the finished trailer, I have included a pot of Tamiya paint in the picture to add a sense of scale.