Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q. How long is the shelf life of the wash?
A. The wash will last forever and even if it dried out completely you just have to add warm water and it’s fine.
2. Q. What is it made of
A. It is clay based with natural colouring pigments and a few things to help the wash to be applied and removed from the model. There are no man made chemicals in the wash
3. Q. Can I use the wash on enamels or acrylics.
A. The wash is safe to use on any type of paint.
4. Q. What if I don’t like the colour of the wash?
A. Simply wash it off with warm water and start again or over coat with a diferant colour, all the washes can be mixed together.
5. Q. Can I mix the washes to make a new colour ?
A. Yes you can mix them together.
6. Q. It will not come off my model, it’s welded on.
A. The paint or clear coat has to be completely dry or the wash will stick to it.
It’s best to leave it for 24 hours before using the wash.
7. Q. How long can I leave the wash on before wiping it off?
A. You can leave it on for over three months and it will still come off as if it’s only been on for a few hours.
8. Q. Does the model need to be gloss coated before using your washes?
A. No you can use it with a flat coat or gloss, that said your paint work does need to be smooth and not like sand paper. I would recommend a satin or gloss coat for your first time you use it.
9. Q. Can I brush paint a clear coat over the wash or does it have to be airbrushed.
A. Once all the excess wash has been removed you can brush over the wash with a normal brush or airbrush to seal the wash in. The wash will darken slightly when covered.
10. Q. The wash has seperated and gritty?
A. Is it the full colour label or the black and white one? The black and white label is the old formula (7 years old) and can clump up
The only other thing we have found it the if you use a brush that has thinners on it and pop it in the pot it can course the wash to clump up and go gritty.
A fix is to poor it into a jug and add a drop of dish water soap and give it a good mix with a big brush, Let it stand for a few minutes and then poor it back into the bottle holding back the bubbles.