Store

 

Featured

Next I turned my attention to the rest of the lower hull. Even though they wouldn’t be added at this stage I assembled the exterior stowage bins. 

All that you need to do is clean up the stowage bin section and then attach the lid. You can leave the lid open to add bits of stowage…





The exhaust silencer was then slotted into its housing, then with the use of brass PE brackets the housing was fixed to the hull….







The rear lights were fitted next, a PE bracket was folded and then the white metal bulb holders were glued in place. Once the  Saladin is fully painted I will be adding coloured light lenses that come with the kit. I have also added wiring to the lights, the wiring goes from the lights, through the fender, then along the underside of the fender and then into the lower hull. This was done on both sides.

I also added the number plate bracket, at the top of the bracket styrene rod is used to simulate number plate light. On the reverse side another section of styrene rod was added as well as the wiring that goes to the light. Again this wiring goes through the fender before entering the lower hull… 




The following picture shows the rear lights and number plate bracket in place, the wiring is attached to the lights though at this stage I hadn’t put it through the fender….



This is the rear left hand side, next to the lights is a first aid box and a stowage area for water containers….



Moving to the front of the Saladin, the front lights were added and also the horn( hite metal part in top left hand corner).  Again wiring was added to the lights and the horn and was then run through the fender and into the lower hull…

As with the rear lights, the light lenses will be added once all the paint work is done…






The next step of the build had me attaching the drivers hatch to the Glacis plate…..



The first job was to drill through the hinge brackets on both parts, once this was done the two parts were slotted together and the plastic rod was feed through. Careful gluing meant the hatch works. I also added the episcope cover to the drivers hatch…

 

The final step is to add various parts to the small upper hull section. As well as the episcopes, I attached a crow bar, the aerial stowage tube and a selection of brackets. This section of upper hull and the Glacis plate  will be added once the hull interior is fully painted and weathered…











In the next part of the build, I will be assembling and then painting the engine and engine bay.

Thanks for looking.